Developing a plan for D2.0: Getting everything on the table

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jul 15 02:20:01 PDT 2009

Robert Jacques:
> I slicing and indexing need to be unified, as its common with
> multi-dimensional data to slice one dimension and index another. Consider
> slicing the first row of a matrix:
> auto row0 = m[0,0..$];
> (Also a multi-dimensional opDollar ->i.e. opDollar(size_t D){}, is needed)

I agree. I don't know if that's the best idea, but something OK.
Please add it to:
http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#section2
(I have seen someone has updated that page in the meantime. I suggest to put there especially the things that break backward compatibility, because the other things can eventually be added to D3).

Bye,
bearophile