new DIP1: DIP Template

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 11:50:45 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep wrote:
<snip>
> How about this?
>
> The newsgroups are for discussion.  This includes introducing new ideas
> and discussing new ones.
>
> The DIPs are for formally recording a concrete proposal which has shown
> interest from the D community.  It should include rationale, examples,
> links to important discussions on the newsgroups, etc.
<snip>

So essentially, one first discusses a feature proposal on the newsgroups
(or, occasionally, on Bugzilla) and then, once it's got somewhere,
creates a DIP.  And then, possibly, the newsgroup discussion continues.

What about ideas that have just fallen on deaf ears the first time they
  were proposed?  I have a few such things that I'd like to refloat at
some point....

Stewart.