Dynamic D Library

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Thu Jul 16 18:15:46 PDT 2009

BCS Wrote:

> If I'm understanding the situation correctly, what you just
> described is ONLY a problem on Windows and only because
> of a design flaw in the way DLL's work.

That might be well be the case.

But to basically then say that “when developing with D on Windows
it is highly recommended that DLL's are not used” will just end up
sounding like limitation of D and not of Windows DLLs.

Windows developers know languages like C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, in
fact almost any language you care to name, have no trouble working
with DLLs so the question they will be asking is why should D?