ACCU 2010 Call for Papers

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jul 19 12:36:23 PDT 2009

Hello,

Giovanni Asproni, chair of the ACCU 2010 conference, asked me personally
to relay the message below to the community. Although not specified in
the CfP below, there will be a one-day tutorial on D just before the
conference. Naturally, there is a strong interest in D-related
submissions for the main conference as well. So I compel you to think of
submitting a talk proposal.

ACCU is a good and very fun conference. I've been there quite a few
times, and last year Walter and I enjoyed it a lot.

Andrei

============================

Call for Participation - ACCU 2010
April 14-17, 2010. Barcelo Oxford Hotel, Oxford, UK
http://www.accu.org/conference
Submission deadline: 30th of September 2009
Highlight: Special track on software testing, please read on
Email proposals to: Giovanni Asproni, conference at accu.org

We would like to invite you to present a session at this leading
software development conference.

We have a long tradition of high quality sessions covering
many aspects of software development, from programming languages
(e.g., C, C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Erlang, Haskell, etc.),
and technologies (libraries, frameworks, databases, etc.) to subjects
about the wider development environment such  as testing, development
process,
design, analysis, patterns, project management, and softer aspects such as
team building, communication and leadership.

In particular, this year we are going to have a special track on
software testing--we are interested in experience reports,
techniques, lessons learned, etc.

Sessions may be either tutorial-based, presentations of case studies, or
take the form of interactive workshops. We are always open to novel
formats, so
please contact us with your idea.
The standard length of a session is 90 minutes, with some exceptions.
In order to allow less experienced speakers to speak at
the conference without the pressure of filling a full 90 minutes, we
reserve a number of shorter 45 minute sessions.

If you would like to run a session please let us know by emailing your
proposals to conference at accu.org by the 30th of September 2009 at the
latest.
Please include the following to support your proposal:

* Title (a working title if necessary)
* Type (tutorial, workshop, case study, etc.)
* Duration (45/90 min)
* Speaker name(s)
* Speaker biography (max 150 words)
* Description (approx 250 words)

Proposals about specific products and technologies will be taken under
consideration only if they are open source and available for free (at
least for
non-commercial use). If you are interested in talking about a proprietary
technology, there is the possibility of "sponsored sessions" which are
presented outside the standard conference schedule. Please, email
conference at accu.org for more information.

If you are interested in knowing more about the conference you may
like to consult the website for previous years' editions at
www.accu.org/conference for background information.

Speakers running one or more full 90 minute sessions receive a
special conference attendance package including free attendance, and
assistance with their travel and accommodation costs. Speakers filling
a 45 minute slot qualify for free conference attendance on the day of
their session.

The conference has always benefited from the strength of its
programme, making it the highlight of the year for many
attendees. Please help us make 2010 another successful event.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there,
Giovanni Asproni
ACCU 2010 Conference Chair