C faults, etc

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jul 20 17:00:11 PDT 2009

Walter Bright:
> This is a non-standard extension to C.

Thanks god there are people (compiler writers, like GCC devs) that think the C standard is not a Holy Text given to us by God :-) They improve C where it has holes and limits, so it can be more useful for most practical purposes. Language lawyers can eat their hats.
And even if C standard is sacred and you can never touch it, D isn't C, and C functions that can be used from D can keep the C interfaces but improve the situation in some ways.

> D's answer to printf and its problems is writefln.<

Then we have to work on the efficiency of its implementation :-) (See my timings lower in this thread).

Bye,
bearophile