Developing a plan for D2.0: Getting everything on the table

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Wed Jul 22 18:31:14 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Other, less technical items:
> • A clear and "finalized" spec. If it isn't implemented, it should be yanked (or clearly marked as pending)
> • A plan for library support. Not just Tango, but also Phobos. D1 Phobos could not evolve.

In D1, I enthusiastically used Tango. I haven't used D2 yet (because all
my code is heavily tied to the Tango libs), but I suspect that when D2
is finalized, I'll port everything over to Phobos.

I've read all the Phobos2 development discussions here (most notably the
range discussions), but what about the feature disparities between the
two libraries. What types of functionality are currently present in
Tango but absent in Phobos? Maybe if Andrei put together a list of
missing Phobos functionality, we could get people from the community to
flesh out the libs.

For example, I have a JSON parser implementation that I'd be happy to
contribute.

--benji