Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jul 22 18:38:03 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-22 19:27:50 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Walter Bright wrote:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/93jh5/ask_proggit_the_d_programming_language_looks/

> noticed some people complain about installation difficulties, is there
> progress on the community project for writing installer for the three
> major OSs?

My plan currently is to improve D for Xcode, make it work with DMD,
create one or two project templates for D to display when you create a
new project from Xcode, patch Apple's version of GDB to have better
demangling support, and create an nice installer for all of this,
ideally bundled with DMD 1 and 2 (if Walter permits). That should fix
the install and toolchain problem on Mac OS X in a nice way. I plan to
have this done by mid-August.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com