Two interesting articles

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Jul 22 18:57:04 PDT 2009

"How knowing Lisp destroyed my programming career"
by Ron Garret

http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Lisp/comp.lang.lisp/2006-04/msg01644.html

"But then a very strange thing happened: I noticed that all around me
people were writing code using C++ and Java and Python and even (gasp!)
Perl, and they were actually getting it to work without tearing their
hair out. In fact, in a number of cases I saw people whip things up in
Perl in a couple of hours that would have taken me days or weeks to do
in Lisp."

and

http://www.prescod.net/python/IsPythonLisp.html

"I get paid to share my code with "dufuses" known as domain experts.
Using Python, I typically do not have to wrap my code up as a COM object
for their use in VB. I do not have to code in a crappy language designed
only for non-experts. They do not have to learn a hard language designed
only for experts. We can talk the same language. They can read and
sometimes maintain my code if they need to."

Andrei