Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Jul 23 03:27:02 PDT 2009

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.131.1248306024.14071.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> That's how easy installing DMD is, but this guy, and many others, don't
> see it that way. I blame this page:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html#installation

Really? That surprises me. I consider myself relatively green when it comes
to Linux, and I've never once tried to use/install DMD on Linux (yet), or
looked at that page before, but for Linux that looks pretty darn easy. Not
apt-get easy of course, but even I've dealt with far worse than this. Not
that it couldn't or shouldn't be improved, of course, but if someone is
complaining that it's *dmd* that's too hard to install on Linux, then it
sounds like they're in for a rather rough ride period ;)