Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Thu Jul 23 13:34:56 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> Classes and structs are fundamentally different concepts.  You design
> your code from the start to use one or the other, because only one
> makes sense.

In my first (and to date only) D project, *all* my user-defined types
started as structs, and *all* became classes when I found out that D1
structs don't support all of the features I need.  (None of them used
polymorphism.  In C++, all would have been value types.)

I expect the situation will be much better in D2.

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com