Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:25:55 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Lutger<lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> Not a big issue, but introducing 3 keywords for this one
>> feature will be a tough sell.
>> --bb
>
> At least it's not 5 like vb.net, but that beast already has 150 keywords so
> I guess a couple more doesn't matter that much :)

I do think it would be justifiable to add one more keyword for real
properties, just not three.  If the get/set could somehow be context
keywords then that would be nice.  I know these sorts of context
keywords are ok in D's grammar    version(Foo) and   foreach(reverse)
was bandied about as being acceptable since they have a clear
contextual scope, just not sure if get/set inside a property block
would qualify.

--bb