Comma expressions must die [Was: Reddit: why aren't people using D?]

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:10:51 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:49:49PM +0100, Tom S wrote:
> Why is dedicated syntax for comma expressions better than commaExpr(...)?

What do you propose we do about the commas in loops? Breaking them
would be a pretty big change to the C folks.

With the naked comma tuple, how do you pass them to a function?

void func(Tuple!(int, int) a, int b);

Is that just the same as:

void func(int a, int b, int c);

You'd call them the same way without the tuple decoration :S

It might be my years of C bias, but the naked tuples just look wrong.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net