Comma expressions must die [Was: Reddit: why aren't people using D?]

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:12:54 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:37:42AM +0200, Michiel Helvensteijn wrote:
> Hm. Then I believe you haven't read the whole thing.

Yeah, I just briefly skimmed it. I'll have to go back to it for a full read
when I have a little more time.

> Looking like C is not the be-all and end-all of programming languages.

For a language like D, which hopes to hold on to C programmers, it is very
important.

We're an obstinate bunch, set in our ways. I remember the first time I
saw D: I dismissed it because the import statement looked "too Javaish" and
didn't come back until a year or two later.

A change like this would just be too weird, and would surely alienate some
of the intended audience before they get past the first look.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net