DMD 1 & 2 coexisting

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:51:36 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:31:31AM +0000, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I have come across only one issue in using this system, dmd.conf. DMD
> will look in /etc/ or the location of the executable.

If you use my installation method - just plain unzip it, this isn't a problem.
dmd will use the .conf file that it brought with it in the zip file.

Then, you use a helper script somewhere in your PATH that is just two lines:

#!/bin/bash
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /path/to/where/you/unzipped/dmd/dmd2/linux/bin/dmd $*

You could potentially make that unzip path a variable of some sort for
easy overriding.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net