DMD 1 & 2 coexisting

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:24:00 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:57:52AM +0000, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I don't think the /lib/ld-linux.so.2 is needed either.

It lets you skip the chmod +x dmd step, so it Just Works right out of the
zip. Makes updating as simple as wget; unzip.

> These things should install in the same
> manner as everything else.

Even if everything else is overcomplicated and less flexible?

If your package dropped the zip in /opt/dmd and made the magic script,
the user would never know the difference, and it would be so simple to
implement.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net