Creating ActiveX in D

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Thu Jul 23 21:59:21 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep wrote:

> John C wrote:
>> BLS Wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Sergey G. ask (by accident ;) ) about : How to create an ActiveX control
>>> in D.
>>> Now, I am curious : Is it possible to create an ActiveX Control In D ?
>>>
>>> Something along :
>>> class Component : IDispatch
>>> {
>>> }
>>>
>>> instead of :
>>>
>>> class Component : IUnknown
>>> {
>>> }
>>>
>>> and if so, how to build an AX control in D, guess as DLL + D runtime ???
>>>
>>> Thank's for enlighten me.
>>> bj�rn
>> I wouldn't, certainly not merely out of curiosity. It's a mountain of work, and you have to implement lots of pretty obscure interfaces. If you really must do it, find a C++ example and translate it to D.
>
> That or use VB6.  I remember it being pretty much painless.  :D

,...and  the result is only usable in VB.
Thanks Daniel, but this response does not help too much :)
Why aren't people using D ? VC offers an ActiveX wizard. Borland C++
dito. D --
well I/we am/are using D as secondary language (as 4GL add on language)
That's why I have a certain interest in seeing D grow.