Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 24 02:39:29 PDT 2009

"Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
news:h4bua5$20bd$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:h4br9n$1rje$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> You can't make value pure, but it is supposed to be a property.  One of
>>> the examples Nick gives in DIP4 is a property that accesses an SQL
>>> database; there's no way to make that pure!
>>
>> Speaking of that, has my top-level post about that (Subject: "DIP4:
>> Properties") shown up for anyone? I first posted it about 12:30am (my
>> time, 4.5 hours ago), than again between 1 and 2, and again just now, and
>> none of them are showing up for me. I know there can be a delay, but I've
>> never had more than a few seconds of delay on here before for a top-level
>> or for a reply.
>
> I can see three posts by you in the DIP4 thread.

Strange, I still can't see the thread at all, and I've never had trouble
seeing my own posts (even in this thread).

I'm at least relieved that it apperently isn't three separate DIP4 threads
:)

Is there a post by anyone other than me in that thread? If not, maybe that
would get my reader to finally wake up.