Properties

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 24 03:20:05 PDT 2009

Now that I've finally gotten my ng client to play nice and actually show me
my own DIP4 thread (unsubscribed digitalmars.D and then re-subscribed), I'm
moving the comment that was left on the Wiki over here:

------------------------------------

RobertJacques says:

Cons:

* Verbosity is an issue (i.e. the addition of extra boiler-plate code)

* keyword increase: both set and get become keywords. Perhaps re-using in
and out in a manner similar to contract programming might work.

* +=, -=, etc. : The suggested syntactic sugar is good, but could be
implemented with current properties. Separate?

* bondage and discipline: Different programmers have different coding
styles. Hence the suggested syntactic sugar of func(class, value) <=>
class.func(value) <=> class.func = value in other proposals and currently
valid for arrays. Flexibility is a virtue

* IDE's, and doc-generators: Could all be well served with a appropriate set
of DDoc tags