What makes D, D?

Dimitar Kolev DimitarRosenovKolev at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:54:32 PDT 2009

Michiel Helvensteijn Wrote:

> Dimitar Kolev wrote:
>
> > Now why would someone want to make their own compiler instead of helping
> > develop this one is something I do not really understand.
>
> There may be several reasons. Most important is that Walter owns the
> original compiler, and only he can decide what goes in and what goes out.
> So if you and he disagree, all you can do is start a fork.
>
> > Also what is the deal with Tango, why make another library instead of
> > extending the existing one?
>
> Same reason.
>
> --
> Michiel Helvensteijn

Hope this does not divide the community much.

This there are tickets to fix something in dmd in order to make the rest of the compilers work. Kinda sounds unfare when there are more important bugs to be fixed. Hope I do not offend anybody with my posts. I am just trying to understand the reading behind all this. And let me tell you to a new commer all this sounds confusing.

Reading posts about two standard libraries makes people start to question waht they should do.