DIP4: Properties

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jul 26 13:29:26 PDT 2009

"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h4i0tu$hig$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Look at it from a practical standpoint: it *would* be nice to have
> dedicated syntax, but Walter *is opposed to it*.  He doesn't see the
> need for it.

> Some improvement is better than none.  Sometimes you have to compromise.
> I don't think we should ignore or demonise viable alternatives because
> they're not what we specifically wanted.

I suppose you have a good point. Although I felt like I was compromising
plenty just with being willing (if necessary) to abandon the automatic
internal storage... :/  (I really want that! :) )

I am convinced though, if properties get done in this Walter-friendly
manner, it'll become yet another in the list of prospective user's
complaints about D. "Yea, I looked at D. Have you seen the syntax for
creating properties? OMG, what were they thinking?!"