My own IDE for D

davidl davidl at nospam.org
Sun Jul 26 21:05:23 PDT 2009

在 Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:01:13 +0800,BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> 写道:

> Alexander Bothe wrote:
>> Hey guys, I created a Windows-IDE for D! I know, It's not the best but
>> I'm still working on it!
>>  Now there is a fully auto completion supported!
>>  May someone of you could try it and say if it's working or not...
>>  http://www.alexanderbothe.com/?id=27
>>  Requirements are only Windows with Framework v2
>>

> Great !!!
> any plans to support automatic C# to D net converting ?

Err, hacking Sharpdevelop C# -> VB.NET to produce D code is pretty easy.
I have one working converter. I successfully converted a simple proj of C#
to D.(around 1M source? i'm not quite sure). However, the proj doesn't
have very dense information. Just some simple protocal collecitons and
java beans like stuff + networking.

The automatical part can help you add the import in D code(if a C# module
uses another module implicitly because of the namespace, it would help you
add this import in the output D file)

It converts C# property to D style functions.

It converts C# other minor differences to conform with the D syntax.

It converts C# generic to D template. It converts C# generic contraint to
D2 contraint.

It converts C# event to DFL style event. (i'm not quite sure, if i get it
correct, but after then, I find the project can be manually tweaked
without the automatical tools' aid.)

It won't work if the C# code involes attributes which has substantial
import reference later.
It won't work if the C# code which uses PInvoke. Maybe it can be also
automatically translated to one .def file and corresponding binding. But
the C# proj I wanted to port doesn't contain such code.

One possible improvement is automatically detect C# overload function hack
for faking default param, depends on how much effort you want to put on it.

Even so, when I try to look at other C# code and take a chance of porting
them, I find it's tougher than what you think really. But maybe one would
figure it out later.

Java looks pretty much closer to D. But the early effort of porting java
swt to d by some automatical tool is abandoned. Don't know the exact
reason, but porting from one language to another really requires lot of
effort.

Convert D1 code to D2 is also pretty tough!!

I hope the situation would change later.

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/