new DIP5: Properties 2

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:46:48 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Andrei
Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>>
>> Leandro Lucarella, el 27 de julio a las 11:15 me escribiste:

>>> I think DIP5 should be removed, no matter how good or bad it is. If the
>>> DIP has some consensus here, then somebody should add it to DIP4 as an
>>> alternative.
>>
>> And BTW, *please* add an author to the proposal!
>
> It might be good to define a sort of an ombudsman for any given DIP. The
> ombudsman would collect suggestions by email or NG and fold the relevant
> ones in the DIP text.

I think it might also be good to have a two-tier system.   "DIPs in
training" can be made by anyone on the wiki.  And then after some
period of discussion, editing, and perhaps an informal community vote,
*then* they can earn the official title of DIP and be moved to a
different section of the wiki for DIPs that have significant community
support.  Or at least which are agreed to surpass some minimal
editorial threshold.  I think this could help prevent DIPs from
turning into a Wiki form of the Eigenpoll.

--bb