Reddit: why aren't people using D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jul 27 14:32:48 PDT 2009

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:h4l4nr$20u0$4 at digitalmars.com...

>> Sure. My point is that with using standard method definition syntax
>> there's no need for even looking over an example.

So people are going to automagically just *know* to stick "opGet_" in front
of the name to make it a property?

> PLUS:
>
> * need to remember that get is not followed by ()

1. That's trivial to remember.
2. Ok, so we can stick a () after get.

> * need to remember that set does not take a type like any other function,
> just an identifier

set(auto v)
Problem solved.

Plus with both of the above, you're seem to be using arguments against a
specific decicated property syntax as as arguments against dedicated
property syntaxes in general.

> * need to remember that there is no () after width

Why in the world would there be? It's not a function.