new DIP5: Properties 2

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jul 28 11:12:17 PDT 2009

Bill Baxter:
> Now we may not want to go so hog wild putting @this and @that
> everywhere, but if we did we could get rid of 19 keywords right there,
> and add @property also without adding a new keyword.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to think like this :-)
Later more semantic attributes can be added, for example to express things that the compiler can use to parallelize code better, to know about pointer aliasing, to tell the compiler what asm functions can be inlined (currently done with a pragma in LDC), etc.

What syntax do you want to use when you want more than one attribute?
@something1 @somethingelse

Bye,
bearophile