D Framework

Dimitar Kolev DimitarRosenovKolev at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:51:34 PDT 2009

teo Wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:55:17 +0200, Lutger wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the rant, I just think phobos as is developing is superior to
> > the .NET framework and has a much cooler name too :) Same goes for
> > Tango, albeit quite different design than phobos, it's very good too and
> > beats .NET hands down. Also, Tango has a better name.
>
> Well, they both have only cool names. Reading the newsgroups shows that
> they are incomplete and buggy. I tried Tango a bit and at many places
> noticed problems. Phobos was ok last time I used it (two years ago), but
> I did simple stuff.
>
> Anyway I don't want to offend anyone here. I read that Andrei is
> redesigning Phobos and I am sure he will improve it. My point is however
> about having a meaningful library name.
>
> PS: please don't take anything in my post personally.

Please stop discussing library names. There are bigger concerns with the D language.

The name does not make the functionality. But if you want to talk about names, Tango sounds old to me. It is a dance and it sounds like it came from the 60s. Phobos has this sci-fi note to it. Maybe because some of us are fans of star craft protos:).