A simple rule

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jul 30 14:06:14 PDT 2009

downs wrote:
> Walter, of course I didn't intend to criticize your knowledge of your
> own compiler; the implied accusation makes me feel bad in retrospect
> :p

No reason to feel bad. I'm not insulted :-)

> It's just that I feel that D could and should be simpler than it is,
> and I'm worried that no attention will be paid to that problem before
> the 2.0 release.

The problem is, I know of no way to make a simple, consistent, small
language that is also powerful. And these days, programmers demand a
powerful language.

Compare your car with a Model T. The T is simple, easily repaired,
easily understood. But who wants to drive a T these days compared with
driving a modern car?