Any parser generators for D that are not abandoned?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jun 2 20:07:06 PDT 2009

"Trass3r" <mrmocool at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:h043vv$2sv5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Found the GOLD parser generator which seems to be quite nice:
> http://www.devincook.com/goldparser/index.htm
>
> Has anyone tried that yet?
>
> Unfortunately it was last updated in 2007, any alternatives?
>
> I know h3r3tic maintains an Enki fork but its grammar is rather
> complicated.

I'm a little unclear on what exactly you're looking for:

Gold doesn't really need much in the way of updates, it's already very
solid. I use it. And although it was looking like Devin had dissapeared for
a while, he's recently showed up again on the mailing list.

But if you're talking about a Gold engine written in D (ie, something
written in D that takes in a source file and parses it according to a
provided .cgt), the "stc" side project I've been working on contains an
up-to-date one for D1/Tango (in fact, that's mostly all stc is so far). I
haven't done any formal release, but you can grab the latest version I've
pulled together here (sorry, the svn for it isn't set up publically ATM):
http://www.semitwist.com/download/stc_v0.004.7z
(There's also a .zip of it in the same place if you prefer that.)
Documentation, source, tools, and Win32 binaries are included.

If you're talking about a D grammar for Gold, you're probably on your own,
I'm not aware of one.