Source control for all dmd source (Git propaganda =)

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Wed Jun 3 13:31:45 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Bill Baxter, el  2 de junio a las 13:02 me escribiste:
>> * Staging area (I think that's what the Git boys call it). Again makes
>> it easier to get just the things you want into a commit, and nothing
>> you don't.
>
> Yes! Yes! Yes! I forgot about that, the staging area/index is a fabulous
> approach. It's hard to get used to, but you can't live without it when you
> adapt your mind.

	This is indeed a nice feature that Mercurial doesn't have yet. I
wouldn't go so far as to consider it a killer feature however,
especially when you can already do partial commits anyway and all it
does is allow you to build a partial commit step by step.

> And another big feature is git stash. Is so, so, so convenient... Maybe
> that place can be taken by MqExtension in hg, but I think is easier in
> Git.

	Mq cannot take the place of stash. The Git equivalent for Mq is
Quilt. Mercurial does have a feature equivalent to stash however,
that's in the Attic extension which provides the "shelve" and
"unshelve" commands.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr