DMD + nedmalloc? last one

davidl davidl at nospam.org
Thu Jun 4 21:58:54 PDT 2009

在 Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:31:50 +0800,Jarrett Billingsley
<jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> 写道:

> 2009/6/4 davidl <davidl at nospam.org>:
>> attachment 7
>
> Wow, just.. wow.  I can't believe you got it working :D  Thanks so
> much; I'm sure other people will find this useful as well!
>
> At long last, I was able to test it!  And... amazingly, it was 50%
> slower than the default malloc/free :\  I even compiled it with
> optimization enabled.

Thank you for the testing! I would love to see MiniD becoming faster and
faster.

> In disbelief, I tried it in my virtualized linux box with GCC as well,
> and got a similar result, so it doesn't seem to be DMC's fault..
>
> Hm.  Maybe it's just supposed to be faster for multithreaded code.

Don't know then. I've heard that nedmalloc get some advantage in
performance. It's sad it doesn't help improve minid's performance.

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/