static if syntax

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Jun 5 11:32:27 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep Wrote:

> That's because it's wrong.
>
> static if (cond) ... else ... is a single structure.  The branch is
> chosen at compile-time.  It doesn't make sense for the else to somehow
> not be part of the static if.

Daniel,

Sorry, I'm there now.

I agree completely that otherwise it does not make sense, but what you say now was not the impression I got from the previous answers.

I had unfortunately, been looking for the appropriate documentation in all the wrong places. A search in the html files comes up with version.html,
which did not seem to be that relevant. Perhaps the file name should reflect the html title, and be conditional-compilation.html.

Thanks Steve