D2's feature set?

Kristian Kilpi kjkilpi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:17:32 PDT 2009

I think I shouldn't post this because I could very well start one of those
mega-threads... :D

Of course, only Walter & Co know what D2 will include when it's finally
'released'. Concurrency stuff has been developed lately. But something
more? Or is that it? What do you think?

I haven't thought about it too much, but lets say something... ;)

1) Scoped members. For example:

class Foo
{
      scope Bar bar;  // gets destructed with Foo object
}

2) There have been threads about the import/package system. So maybe it
could be improved as well. (I'm not gonna discuss it more here.) But yeah,
I guess this would require too much work to be done within D2's schedule.

Oh, macros would also be nice, but maybe they will/should wait for D3... :)