Fractal

grauzone none at example.net
Tue Jun 9 09:37:28 PDT 2009

> Oh... I will take a look for that (console configuration)... but the char type dont supports some languages, because it only supports latin... Im wrong? The Exception on the two APIs uses char[]. I want Inernationalized programs.

In case this wasn't already clear enough: char[] _is_ a Unicode string.
Unicode should be able to handle all languages of the world. (Or rather,
all characters used by various writing systems used by humans. Or
whatever Unicode calls them.)

char is only 1 byte big, but the D language specification defines, that
char[] contains UTF-8 encoded text. Which means char[] can represent
exactly the same content as wchar[].

char[] and wchar[] have both pros and cons, but I think char[] is the
best choice.

Note that even in C, char arrays can be UTF-8 encoded text. Unlike in D,
that's not a "must".