D2 std.conv to D1 please

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Jun 9 20:52:04 PDT 2009

Saaa wrote:
>> Why can't this be in official Phobos1?
>> It's a ploy from the D2 camp, right? :)
>
>> If by "ploy" you mean "Walter's official stance not to change D1 or
>> Phobos 1," then yes, it's a ploy.  But that's a bit harsh, no?
>  I fixed it to how I meant it.
>
> But I do find it a tad strange.
> What disadvantage is there? Additional bugs maybe..
> Sorry, this is probably a very old and closed discussion :)

I'm not sure that it's closed. Things generally cannot be removed from
D1 phobos. And as long as D2 Phobos is in flux, porting D2 to D1 would
be a problem -- D1 has to be stable, it can't have something added to it
which is an unstable work-in-progress. The question of whether a stable
part of Phobos D2 could be backported to Phobos1 is I think still open.