D Wiki

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:38:36 PDT 2009

Brad Roberts wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Yigal Chripun wrote:
>
>> J?r?me M. Berger wrote:
>>>>
>>>     38 out of 57 of the wikis presented on the Wikipedia comparison page (*)
>>> are listed as having a stable WYSIWYG editor (some of the others are listed
>>> as having an alpha or beta one)...
>>>
>>>         Jerome
>>>
>>> (*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software
>> if these wikies provide a wysiwyg editor than what's the point of not using
>> the standard HTML format as the backend?
>
> In an attempt to help this thread end...
>
> Thanks, the bicycle shed is a nice pretty new color and doesn't need any
> more paint.
>
> Sigh,
> Brad
>
> (Why is it that people can't stick to the original question and avoid the
> 100% pointless side discussion?  No, really, don't answer that)

this is not a pointless side discussion, you asked for alternatives for
the current wiki and we were discussing such alternatives.

There is no bicycle shed issue here - on the contrary, I'm arguing
*against* trying to choose between different wiki formats and instead go
for the web's standard format, [X]HTML.

if that would have been done in the first place you wouldn't need
volunteers to help you convert the content to the new wiki that you are
going to choose.