Count your blessings!

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jun 10 16:25:20 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-10 17:38:55 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> * there is nothing to improve threads, further demotivating support for
> Deadlock-Oriented Programming (DOP) in D

On the contrary. I believe they're doing nothing because their hands are tied.

They cannot do much for multithreading at the language level without
creating breaking changes. What's needed for DOP is a language and
compiler with the proper restrictions, and good defaults. Changing any
of this is a breaking change and thus gets rejected (like const)
because they want to keep backward compatibility.

With D2, we have the liberty of breaking things to make them better. We
already have, and I hope it continues.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com