Andrei writes "The Case for D"

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Tue Jun 16 04:52:53 PDT 2009

Walter Bright escribió:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8stcr/the_case_for_d/

Great article!

I like how you mention a lot of D features and also a lot of tools built
for it.

Just a few questions:

1. Will "alias ... this" be used to do "opCast"? It seems like it's
working like that.
2. Will two "alias ... this" with the same type be disallowed?
3. What happens if you have "alias A this" and "alias B this" and A
extends B, and you assign the instance to something of type B? Both A
and B match.

(oh, I just read the page about "alias this" (I didn't know it was
already impelemented) and it says you can only have one "alias this"...
why? I think that limitation removes it's usefulness)

4. I tried to compile the sort example but it doesn't work. I'm sure
it'll work some day in the future, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to
not mention "this still doesn't work", because people might download the
compiler, try it and say "the lied!" (something like that happened to me
when I tried the example).