Andrei writes "The Case for D"

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jun 16 09:42:31 PDT 2009

Robert Fraser wrote:
> Tim Matthews wrote:
>> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>>

>>> "Last but definitely not least, two windowing libraries complete the
>>> language's offering quite spectacularly. The mature library DWT is a
>>> direct port of Java's SWT. A newer development is that the immensely
>>> popular Qt Software windowing library has recently released a D
>>> binding (in alpha as of this writing)."
>>>
>>> In other words, so long and thanks for all the fish: GDC and wxD ?
>>>
>>> --anders
>>
>> About the gui toolkits: Never mind the fact that GTKD has been working
>> stable for a long time unlike the QT port. Best to include both to
>> keep wars at bay in my opinion like kde vs gnome.
>
> You might want to toss in DFL, too. It doesn't compile on the latest
> anything without (a little) work, but it's a stable GUI library with a
> graphical designer that was designed from the ground up with D in mind.

This is excellent information, you may want to post it to reddit too.
Speaking of reddit, I noticed there are forty-something negative votes
but only one negative comment. From direct experience (sigh) I know that
people who think an article sucks usually are also very inclined to
voice their opinion (even more so than people who think an article was
good!) There must be a study in behavioral psych somewhere. So these
votes seem to reflect a prior dislike to anything D and the immediate
negative voting of anything related to it. I wonder how such this could
be addressed.

Andrei