Andrei writes "The Case for D"

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Tue Jun 16 12:48:43 PDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:42:31 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Tim Matthews wrote:

>>> About the gui toolkits: Never mind the fact that GTKD has been working
>>> stable for a long time unlike the QT port. Best to include both to
>>> keep wars at bay in my opinion like kde vs gnome.
>>
>> You might want to toss in DFL, too. It doesn't compile on the latest
>> anything without (a little) work, but it's a stable GUI library with a
>> graphical designer that was designed from the ground up with D in mind.
>
> This is excellent information, you may want to post it to reddit too.
> Speaking of reddit, I noticed there are forty-something negative votes
> but only one negative comment. From direct experience (sigh) I know that
> people who think an article sucks usually are also very inclined to
> voice their opinion (even more so than people who think an article was
> good!) There must be a study in behavioral psych somewhere. So these
> votes seem to reflect a prior dislike to anything D and the immediate
> negative voting of anything related to it. I wonder how such this could
> be addressed.
>

> Andrei

There is always a portion of down votes for every headline. That amount
is normal.
Down voting often comes from "I don't use that language and I'am
satisfied", gut feeling and the age of the last coffee.
I would say it's the same headwind for most language related topics on
reddit.

Anyway, great article! Thanks.