Andrei writes "The Case for D"

Sam Hu samhudotsamhu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:04:25 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> Robert Fraser wrote:
> > Tim Matthews wrote:

> >> About the gui toolkits: Never mind the fact that GTKD has been working
> >> stable for a long time unlike the QT port. Best to include both to
> >> keep wars at bay in my opinion like kde vs gnome.
> >
> > You might want to toss in DFL, too. It doesn't compile on the latest
> > anything without (a little) work, but it's a stable GUI library with a
> > graphical designer that was designed from the ground up with D in mind.
>
> This is excellent information, you may want to post it to reddit too.
> Speaking of reddit, I noticed there are forty-something negative votes
> but only one negative comment. From direct experience (sigh) I know that
> people who think an article sucks usually are also very inclined to
> voice their opinion (even more so than people who think an article was
> good!) There must be a study in behavioral psych somewhere. So these
> votes seem to reflect a prior dislike to anything D and the immediate
> negative voting of anything related to it. I wonder how such this could
> be addressed.
>

> Andrei
To Andrei,

Last time I translated your post *RFC on range design for D2*

http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.announce&article_id=12922

into Chinese but not getting your permission.Below is the link:

http://dlang.group.javaeye.com/group/topic/10615

I am so sorry for making such a big mistake.Just let me know if there is anything I can do for this mistake.Thanks.

Btw.I( and other D fans in China) am planning to translate Bartosz's * Rice free* series into Chinese also if the original links are reachable in my region someday( they are not reachable right at this moment  not knowing why).Can I get your permission also?

Regards,
Sam