D2 vs D1

BCS none at anon.com
Thu Jun 18 08:56:42 PDT 2009

Hello steel,

> I guess what I'm looking for is an honest assessment of the "state of
> the community" and information on a good tool stack to evaluate D for
> professional use in a x86_64 environment (IDE, build tools, etc).

IDE: use Descent and expect to be working with something that isn't "polished"

Debugger: their is a tool to convert the files and debug under VS and several
debuggers with real D support but none compleat

build tools: ??? haven't followed that much. I use a command prompt for simple
stuff and for the rest I need make.