How to make invariant switchable

Christian Kamm see-ldc-commits at repository.com
Fri Jun 19 02:45:15 PDT 2009

Christian Kamm Wrote:
> LDC has the -enable-* and -disable-* command line options for asserts, array bounds
> checking, invariants and contracts to allow fine grained control over what is emitted and
> what isn't.

Ah, Jarrett had already pointed that out. Anyway, what I meant to say was that adding
these switches was pretty easy: as far as I remember the frontend already has individual
options for switching the debugging aids on and off individually. So if you want this in DMD,
make an enhancement request and append a patch.

Unless Walter has fundamental reservations, getting it into the reference compiler (preferably
using the same flags LDC uses) would be nice.