The proper case for D.

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:29:08 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:00:17PM -0400, Steve Teale wrote:
> Can this group come up with a proper, sober (OK, I'm not), case for D.

It is a better C; D is what C++ wishes it was.

My biggest love of D is two words: nested functions. I tend to write it
as if it was just C with the suck yanked out.

D2 is a better D1; you can write it in a similar way, but get even more
help from the compiler to catch errors.

D is the safe AND convenient language.

> There isn't a decent debugger for either Windows or Linux.

I find gdb works well enough for me on linux. I use the -gc "pretend to
be C" option. But I rarely really need the debugger, thanks to the compiler.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net