The proper case for D.

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:14:48 PDT 2009

grauzone wrote:
>> So the better direction according to some is to stagnate language
>> design for D2 so Walter Bright can reinvent the linker? So that years
>> later when asked
>
> No, but to use a real linker instead of that piece of crap.

With objconv, it might be possible to use a different linker on Windows.
I'm considering doing so since Optlink won't work with the debug build
of one of my libraries (it's 22MB), and it doesn't seem to discard any
unreferenced library symbols, so the release build of my code is ~9.5MB,
while it should be ~4.