Making changes to Wiki4D

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 17:19:33 PDT 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:40:40 +0000, Jesse Phillips wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 01:41:42 +0000, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>
> I could also use some opinions on naming. Because the Wiki requires
> camel case to make links I need/want to turn my one word pages into two
> word. Which has created repetition:
> DevelopmentWithD/DevelopmentTools/DebugTool
>
> I don't think this is a big issue, but looking for opinions anyway.

Nevermind I can have my One word Pages.

Otherwise everything is going well, most of the organization is planned
out and am currently building the page content. The first stage will be
using a lot of existing pages unmodified. The plan is to provide a few
things.

-- More consistent page layout
-- Clear navigation points allowing the user to flow through pages
-- Separation of Language development and learning content
-- Removal of stagnant content and pages which are adding little value.
-- A help page that gives guidance on the best places to contribute their
content

To give a taste of what is to come the front page will consist of these
links:

* Why switch to D
* Learning D as a first language
* Learning D as a second language
* Language Specification
* Setting up an environment to compile programs
* Seeking help using D
* Language Development
* Development with D
* Current uses of D