Making changes to Wiki4D

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 22:30:36 PDT 2009

Jesse Phillips wrote:
> As stated in the "D wiki" post, I am planning to do major reorganization
> of the prowiki content. In order to effectively do this I have to make a
> lot of changes and would like some input on how I should handle them.

Yay.. a fresh look at the overall structure would be good.  While you're doing
it, please move anything that's essentially a bug report into bugzilla instead
of being in the wiki.

> Brad, I take it that the replacement effort is a no go?

I'm certainly willing to setup mediawiki for us.  The responses on the thread I
started a while ago ranged from useless side-discussions to luke warm to
insulting.  So I haven't done anything (that and I've been on vacation out of
town for the last 5 days).

Want me to?  I look to the main people who maintain the wiki for guidance.
Personally, I think it'd be an improvement, but I'm just one among many.

> The process will take time to complete, I'd like to know how important it
> is to keep access to all pages? I don't intend the final result to
> contain every existing page or its content.

I wouldn't consider keeping all the content terribly important.  There's a lot
of out of date info.  Probably a good bit of redundant info too.

Later,
Brad