Coming Attractions

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:40:30 PDT 2009

Tim Matthews Wrote:

> Paul D. Anderson wrote:
> > A. What I'm looking forward to in the near future:
> >
> > 1) D2 will be frozen.
>

> I am really for having Bartosz Milewski's changes implemented in D2
> rather than d3, or further. Multi core cpus are here now and it would
> help D get noticed as well as benefiting existing D devs.

There is still debate over exactly what will go into D2. Which features of Bartosz's design do you like? Dislike? Some feedback may help the offline discussion.

Personally, I like
• the automatic ownership of member variables
• locking requirements are known at compile-time
• explicit lock free
• scope parameters (AKA lent)
• unique as a type

I dislike:
• completely automated locking (may lead to recklessness)
• verbose notation