From Reddit

Don nospam at nospam.com
Thu Jun 25 04:51:49 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> I have written some comments about the article written by Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8t7s1/the_case_for_d_the_other_side_of_the_coin/
>
> Andrei has commented some things on Reddit, I think it's better to move the discussion here.

>> Some comments are patently false (such as the one that you must compile with dmc to call C functions on Windows).<
>
> Is this true? I have seen many times people here answer that code has to be compiled with DMC, etc. If I am wrong I'll fix the text.

Using C code from DMD on Windows is exactly the same as using it from
any Windows C++ compiler (or even a C compiler from a different
vendor!). The statement should be removed.

"Giving false expectations in possible new D users is dangerous."
"A good article must...not just talk about good implementations that may
be found years from now."

I agree with this. But your list doesn't help. I don't think there's
anything in your list which new users need to know.