Coming Attractions

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Jun 25 13:29:49 PDT 2009

Reply to Paul,

> Of course there's no reason why such a "snapshot" specification has to
> wait until the design is final. It can be based on any current
> snapshot and updated as changes occur. Again -- 100% backwards, but
> better, IMHO, than not done at all.

This makes me think of how to maintain it. What would be cool is if each
spec item had an attached blob of code that checks and demonstrates the assertion
made by the item. Then by switching to the latest and greatest and just re-compiling
all the blobs you could get a list of items that need to be rewritten. What
would be very cool would be all of that in a wiki format that automatically
marks out of date sections.