Dejavu

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Jun 25 19:38:32 PDT 2009

On 2009-06-25 15:44:04 -0400, Robert Clipsham <robert at octarineparrot.com> said:

> === IDEs ===

I have plans to improve D for Xcode... its biggest flaw right now is
that it only works with GDC. I'm just waiting until I have an Intel Mac
(soon), because DMD not working on mine is somewhat bothersome for
integrating it with my Xcode plugin.

> === Installing ===
>
> Leading on from Jarrett's comments, installing a full toolchain is...
> well... not easy.

I'd like to have an installer for my D plugin for Xcode that would
install the whole toolchain on Mac OS X (similar to whow the Xcode
Tools installer installs gcc, ld, etc.). I've almost made one that
works with some build of GDC from SVN, but GDC being abandoned
discouraged me from finalizing it. I'd like to do that instead with DMD
once D for Xcode supports it (with Walter's permission).

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/