int nan

grauzone none at example.net
Sat Jun 27 22:43:10 PDT 2009

> Having a nan has other purposes beside initialization values. You can represent missing values, like C# nullable ints (that are bigger in size, 8 bytes, I think).

You're saying C# nullable ints require more memory than native ints, but
  just how would you represent int.nan with 32 bits?

The correct solution would be to add nullable value types as additional
types. It'd be nice if we could have non-nullable object references at
the same time.

But figuring out and agreeing on a concrete design seems to be too
complicated, and D will never have it. "Stop dreaming."